Hello knitting world!
This is my first ever blog post - I am so excited to share my love of all things yarn and knitting with you. In this post, I would like to introduce myself and my knitting :)
My name is Cortni - avid knitter, yarn dyer, and spinner.
Here are some things about me:
1. For my day job, I am a caseworker at an emergency 30-day homeless shelter in York, PA.
2. I am a left-handed knitter.
3. I have been knitting for 2 years, spinning for 2.5 years, crocheting for 3 years.
4. Petunia is my nickname from my immediate family.
5. I have an amazing 3 year old sister named Madelyn.
6. I am owner of Rita Mae Yarns.
7. I am a chocolate lover - i think i may have a problem... it doesn't help that I live 20 minutes from Chocolate World.
8. I live in Harrisburg, PA with my boyfriend and our 5 year old dog Lucy and 3 year old cat, Kolbi.
I am currently on a shawl knitting binge lately. I'm in love with knitting shawls, cowls, and hats. I have knitted socks, but I definitely have second sock syndrome!
I can't wait to share my love for knitting with all of you wonderful peeps!
Follow me on Social Media!
Cortni is the owner of Rita Mae Yarns and is an avid knitter, spinner, and dyer.